Who we are
Modellink (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Modellink”) is a global organization of agencies, each of which is a separate legal entity (each: an “Agency”).
We respect your privacy and recognize the importance of protecting Personal Data and any information you share with us, and we are committed to processing Personal Data responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws in all countries in which Modellink operates its business (“Applicable Laws”), including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in force in the European Union and the European Economic Area (“GDPR”).
For the purposes of the GDPR, the controller of Personal Data is Select Milano S.r.l., Via Fontana 25, 20122 Milan, Italy. Where Modellink’s Agencies located outside Europe are required to appoint a legal representative in the European Economic Area, the representative is Select Milano S.r.l., Via Fontana 25, 20122 Milan, Italy.
Legal basis for processing Personal Data
Modellink respects the privacy of visitors and registrants to this Website and of its models, talents, employees, clients and suppliers (visitor, registrants, models, talents, employees, clients and suppliers, together: “you”).
We collect Personal Data to carry out and support our model and talent management business, including but not limited to evaluate the applications to become a model, a talent or an employee of Modellink, to place bookings with clients, to communicate by e-mail or post, to authenticate an order, to request information, or the like.
We process the Personal Data collected for the above purposes as follows:
- When the Personal Data owner has given his/her/its consent for one or more specific purposes;
- When processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract and/or for any pre-contractual negotiation or obligations;
- When processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Personal Data owner or by Modellink, such as promoting the Personal Data owner’s professional activity and/or Modellink’s business activities;
- When processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
How does Modellink collect Personal Data?
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you have supplied that information to Modellink in a way providing for their clear and unequivocal consent to do so including, but not limited to, a completion of a written application.
Visitors and registrants to this Website may choose to submit Personal Data to Modellink by regular mail, facsimile and e-mail. Modellink’s models, talents, employees, clients, suppliers and applicants may also choose to submit Personal Data to Modellink by personal delivery or electronic transmission over our Website.
We may also obtain Personal Data where it is necessary for legitimate interests or when it is necessary to perform our business, from different sources including, but not limited, third parties involved in the model and talent management business such as mother agencies, clients and suppliers.
What type of Personal Data does Modellink collect?
The Personal Data collected or accessed by Modellink from time to time may include the following:
- Personal Data relating to models and talents may include name; gender; contact information; date of birth; government-issued identification information, passport or visa information; tax and social residential status; educational history; legal work eligibility statements; information about previous performance and compensation; financial account information; other information models and talents may provide such as availability to be part of shooting with animals, furs, fully or in part naked; personal statistics (measurements such as height, bust, waist, shoes size, hair colour, eye colour); presence of tattoos or scars; body mass index (BMI); presence of cosmetic or plastic surgery, photos and videos; occupation; interests; other forms of electronic address (Website, Social Media Platforms).
- Personal Data relating to employees may include name, gender, contact information; date of birth; government-issued identification information, passport or visa information; educational history; employment and military history; legal work eligibility; information about job performance and compensation; financial account information; and other information employees may provide.
- Personal Data relating to clients and suppliers may include contact information such as: name; postal address; email address and telephone number; contact details, position or job title; contractors, advisors and authorized partners, financial account information; company details such as registered office, vat numbers and signature powers.
Special categories of Personal Data
Modellink does not intentionally collect any special categories of Personal Data, including information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic or biometric data, information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation (“Sensitive Personal Information”), unless in a specific country Modellink is legally required to do so, for example, for recruitment purposes.
In certain cases, according to the Applicable Laws, models and talents may need to provide Modellink and its clients with a doctor’s certificate attesting that their health is compatible with the practice of the profession and to their overall physical health, with special regard to their body mass index (measure of weight in relation to height).
What about this Website and the social media?
Modellink does not require you to provide Personal Data in order to browse this Website or its social media. When entering our Website or any social media platform of Modellink, registration is not required.
This Website and our communication tools may contain links to third party websites including our partners, advertisers, suppliers and clients or resources of possible interest to you, including third-parties social media platforms (“Third-Party Sites”). Because we have no control over the Third-Party Sites, the collection and use of your personal information while visiting Third-Party Sites are subject their own privacy notices. Modellink is not responsible for Third-Party Sites’ privacy notices, practices and content. To ensure protection of your privacy, please review Third-Party Sites’ privacy notices or policies.
Direct Marketing, Emails and Newsletters
There may be circumstances in which you choose to register and receive ongoing updates from Modellink. In these cases, Modellink may contact registrants to invite them to special events, provide them with information about our model or talent represented, publications and products, or for other marketing purposes.
Modellink may also offer emails and newsletters to share information about our services and products, including any direct email marketing service to receive email updates on our business and on models and talents represented by Modellink (“DEM”) and newsletter services to receive Modellink’s online publications (“Newsletter”).
If you decide to subscribe DEM and/or Newsletter, we will collect basic contact information about you, such as your name and email address.
You can opt out of receiving DEM and/or Newsletters at any time by clicking the unsubscribe option included at the end of each DEM or Newsletter.
Applications to Modellink
This Website enables you to register your interest in working for Modellink or applying for an advertised vacancy. The information Modellink collects about you in these cases comes from your direct interactions with us and processing these Personal Data is necessary in order to evaluate the business opportunities at your request.
Please bear in mind that, if you are accepted as a model or talent by Modellink, the content of your application may be made publicly available by Modellink on this Website and on our social media platforms. Please do not submit any content within your application that you are not authorized to distribute or that you do not want other to access.
What are our policies regard children?
Registrants must be 18 years of age in order to independently submit an application containing Personal Data to Modellink. If you are a minor between the ages of 14 and 18, we ask you to please apply only if your parent’s or legal guardian’s written consent is annexed to your submission.
If you are 13 years of age or younger, we are sorry, but you cannot submit any application to register your interest in working for Modellink or any other Personal Data. Please do not communicate or contact us if you are 13 years of age or younger.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Modellink does not process Personal Data in ways that are incompatible with the purposes for which the information was collected or authorized by the relevant Personal Data owner.
To the extent necessary for these purposes, Modellink takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data it processes are reliable for its purpose, and is accurate, complete and current.
Modellink retains Personal Data only for as long as it serves a purpose that is compatible with the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or authorized by the Personal Data owner.
We will not retain Personal Data longer than necessary to fulfil the above purposes, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms) and the establishment, exercise or defence of possible legal claims.
Methods of processing
Modellink takes appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing and unauthorized or accidental loss, damage or destruction of Personal Data.
The Personal Data are processed at the Modellink operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
The Personal Data may be accessible only to the persons in charge involved with the operation of Modellink (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) and the external parties to which the Personal Data may be transferred in accordance with the following section.
Transfer of Personal Data
As a global organization, Modellink may share information with subsidiaries world-wide and transfer it to countries in the world where it does business. In connection with its activities, Modellink may therefore transmit Personal Data to Modellink different offices around the world and to Modellink affiliated entities.
Modellink does not disclose or share Personal Data with any external entity or third party, except as strictly necessary in connection with its business activities, e.g. to clients to illustrate experience and qualifications of models and talents, to external authorized CPAs for tax purposes, to external authorized lawyers for legal purposes, to debt collections and credit references agencies, to travel agencies, restaurants, hotels and airlines to arrange business travels.
Modellink may also disclose or share any Personal Data with external service providers to assist with, for example, information technology and other administrative support services to collect, manage, analyse, and otherwise process Personal Data and business information.
Modellink may also be required to disclose Personal Data to third parties as a matter of law, e.g. to tax and social security authorities, to protect its legal rights, in an emergency where the health or security of a person is endangered and to law enforcement authorities in accordance with the local relevant legislations. In certain circumstances, Personal Data may be subject to disclosure to courts or government agencies pursuant to judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes.
If Modellink decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize business in some countries, such a transaction, this may involve the disclosure of Personal Data to prospective or purchasers, and the receipt of such information from sellers. Modellink will require appropriate protection for Personal Data in these types of transactions.
What other information Modellink share with third parties?
In managing, advising, counselling, promoting and negotiating the activities of models and talents, Modellink is requested to share with Personal Data with client or prospective clients in all areas of the entertainment industry for the purpose of their job confirmation.
With the aim of promoting models’ and talents’ images and career, Modellink also shares on its Website and with the clients their images or videos portfolios containing Personal Data such us name, gender and measurements such as height, bust, waist, shoes size, hair colour, eye colour.
In case of any violation with respect to Personal Data, Modellink will take appropriate steps to cease the violation as soon as reasonably practicable and determine liabilities in accordance with the Applicable Laws.
If you are a Modellink’s model, talent, employee, client or supplier, you may also report any your concern to the competent Modellink office.
Your rights about Personal Data
In accordance with the Applicable Laws, including the GDPR in force in the European Economic Area and any other data protection laws and regulations in force in other territories, you have certain rights in relation to the Personal Data stored or processed about you by Modellink. These rights and the ways in which these rights can be exercised are set out below.
- Access: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your information and, if we are, you can ask to access your personal information. This enable you to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Update / Correction: you are entitled to request us that any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you is updated or corrected.
- Suspension: you are entitled to request us to suspend the processing of your personal information if you want us to establish accuracy or the reason for processing your personal information.
- Transfer: you may request the transfer of certain of your personal information to another party.
- Erasure: you are entitled to request us to delete or remove his/her personal information in certain circumstances. For example, where an individual demonstrates that the purpose for which his/her personal information is being processed in no longer legal or appropriate, his/her personal information will be deleted or removed. There are certain exceptions where we may refuse to delete or remove the Personal Data, for example whether any personal information is required for compliance with the Applicable Laws or in connection with legal claims.
- Objection: where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest you may challenge our data processing. Nonetheless, we may be entitled to continue processing your personal information based on our legitimate interest where it is relevant for compliance with the Applicable Laws or in connection with legal claims.
- Consent: where we are processing Personal Data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent.
You may request Modellink to access, update, suspend, transfer or erase your Personal Data at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can lodge a Complaint
If a complaint cannot be resolved through Modellink’s internal processes, Modellink will cooperate with the competent Data Protection Authority to address relevant complaints and provide appropriate recourse free of charge.
How to contact us
We will do our best to answer your queries or to resolve your queries or complaints.